- Your Consent
- Personal Information We Collect
- Website Non-Identifiable Information
- Cookies and Other Technologies
- How We Use Your Personal Information; Right to Opt-Out
- Data Security and Integrity
- Location of Information
All information gathered is done so by IMACAN Management Centres and/or its contracted vendors, including the American Management Association, which operates as Canadian Management Centre ("CMC") and is hereafter referred to as "CMC".
This policy is limited to the information CMC collects from its marketing campaigns and promotional activities including direct mail, telesales, email and their its website www.www.dada1204.net.cn. CMC's website contains links to websites related to the American Management Association, including AMACOM, as well as other websites. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices engaged in by other websites. Our hyperlinks are not an endorsement of any other website.
It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information to CMC. Any personal information you provide will be treated with care, and subject to this policy, will not be used or disclosed in ways to which you have not consented. You may opt-out of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information, as explained below. By submitting your personal information to us, you signify your consent to CMC, its faculty, affiliates and business partners' collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. By using our website, you also consent to the collection and use of anonymous information as discussed below.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect information in several ways. When you register for a seminar, we may ask for information such as your name, e-mail address and phone number. Of course, we will require credit information as well as billing information. At times we ask you to complete certain forms or surveys that gather information about you and your business and your opinions or comments. If you send us correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if third parties send us correspondence about your activities, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
Website Non-Identifiable Information
We sometimes collect non-identifiable information from visits to our website. In general, anyone can visit our website without telling us who he/she is or revealing any information about business or personal needs. Unless you complete an online form, our web servers collect anonymous, non-identifiable information about you such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet service provider, the date and time you access our website, the Internet address of the website from which you may have linked to our website, the operating system you are using, the sections or areas of our website that you visit, the website pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from our website, but not the e-mail addresses of visitors. Our website logs IP addresses and browser information for purposes of system administration, identifying technical difficulties, evaluating traffic patterns and usage of our website, and otherwise providing content relevant to visitors to our website. It may be aggregated to measure certain information, including without limitation the number of visits, average time spent on our website, and related user practices. In general, we will use this information to measure the use of our website and to improve our website and the benefits that you can get from using our website. Your non-identifiable information may also be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
Cookies and Other Technologies
A technology called "cookies" may be used to provide you with tailored information. A cookie is a tiny element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may be stored in your hard drive, not on our website. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of our website. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of our website, offer personalized web page content and information for your use, track your activity at our website to respond to your needs, and otherwise facilitate your website experience. Advertisements displayed on our website may also contain cookies or other technologies. Advertisements may be provided by third parties, and we do not have any control over, or any responsibility or liability for, the use and disclosure of information collected through advertisement cookies. Some cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are deleted shortly after the end of a session. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on our website or engage in transactions through our website and you may be required to reenter your password more frequently during a session.
We may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding website user demographics, website traffic patterns, and website seminar registration and purchases, and then provide those reports to advertisers and others. Tracking information in the reports is not connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users and in no way violates your privacy.
How We Use Your Personal Information; Right to Opt-Out
Your personal information is intended to be used only by CMC , CMC employees and the others specified in this policy in accordance with this policy. below to provide seminars and services, respond to requests, verify name and address, provide account information, seminar pricing and other sales related information, to improve our offerings and to generally support your use of our services and our website. Personal information we collect may be used to enhance the benefits that you receive from CMC in the following ways:
- Provide our services to you.
- Confirm credit-worthiness.
- Bill your credit card.
- Confirm your registration and orders.
- Respond to your customer-service inquiries or requests.
- Monitor, service and collect your account.
- Communicate special offers to you, if you chose to receive such notices.
- Enhance our website operation and efficiency.
- Inform you by email, fax or mail of Canadian Management Centre's seminars, upcoming events or other items you may find interesting.
At any time you may ask us to stop sending you email or mail by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by mail at Canadian Management Centre, 33 Yonge Street, Suite 320, Toronto, ON M5E 1G4. Each unsolicited email or mail item that we send to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited email or mail. From time to time we may also send to you email or mail containing important information regarding our services or our website, which you may not opt out of receiving.
In general, we use information in the file we maintain about you and your business to evaluate current and past activities, to resolve disputes and to troubleshoot problems. After a reasonable period of time consistent with our records retention and destruction policies, we will destroy or make anonymous any of your personal information that is no longer needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Use, Disclosure, and Transfer of Personal Data
Personal information about our customers is an important part of CMC's business, and CMC is not in the business of selling that personal information to others. We share customer information only with the parties described below:
- Disclosure to Agents & Suppliers. We may use third party agents, suppliers and service providers to facilitate the provision of our seminars and services. For example, we may outsource the operations of one or more aspects of our website to a supplier or service provider who performs services according to our requirements. In some instances, the service provider may collect information directly from you (such as the situation where we ask a service provider to conduct a survey or contest for us). In order to provide certain services, we must disclose some of your personal information to certain service providers, such as our agents, your credit card issuer or to a processing or authorization company to charge you for the services. We endeavor to restrict by contract how these agents, suppliers and service providers may access, use and disclose your information. In general, these agents, suppliers and service providers agree that they will not sell your information to third parties. Since we want to service your business needs, we encourage our associates in business to follow privacy practices no less protective of all users than the practices we describe in this policy.
- Disclosure to affiliates. We may provide your personal information to any CMC affiliates. They may use your personal information to provide you with email or other information about their products and services and other matters. In the event we share your personal information with any affiliates and subsidiaries, they will have agreed with us to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this policy. If at any time you do not wish us to make any further disclosure of your personal information to any affiliates and subsidiaries, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disclosure to business partners. We may provide your personal information to certain companies with which we have developed a business relationship and which we believe can be of service to you. Before personal information is disclosed, the recipient organization will agree with us to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this policy. Recipient organizations may use your personal information to provide you with email or other information about their products and services and other matters. If at any time you do not wish us to make any further disclosure of your personal information to such organizations, please notify us at email@example.com
- Disclosure in Business Transfers. We may sell or transfer some or all of the CMC organization or merge with another entity. As part of that transaction, we may disclose your personal information to the other entity, but will require the entity to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Data Security and Integrity
When you provide personal data to us through our website in the course of paying for Services, such data is stored on secured servers that are protected by this Policy. To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we employ security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Your credit card information will be protected through our use of a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) that automatically encrypts sensitive information before being sent over the Internet. We do not store credit card information or ordering details on our Internet server. In combination with SSL, this practice increases levels of security. No data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. We will strive to protect your personal information, but CMC cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online that information can be collected and used by others.
CMC reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time and in its sole discretion. Any amendments we make to this Policy will apply to your personal information from the time we post the amendment on our website. For your convenience, the date of the last update to this policy will be noted below the link to this document on the home page to make you aware that amendments have been posted. It is your responsibility to regularly check our website for amendments to this Policy. You agree to be bound by amendments when posted on our website.
Location of Information
We will securely store your personal information inhouse at our head office Toronto, Ontario, as well as the locations of various contracted vendors, including the American Management Association.